Technical Sales Representative - Laboratory Instruments
Area: South East / Midlands - England
A highly regarded and well-established distributor of laboratory equipment operating throughout the UK and Ireland. This company have a vast offering including over 25 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe and offer a wealth of technical expertise.
Due to expansion, they are now looking to appoint a Technical Sales Representative to cover either the South East or Midlands of England, dependent on your location.
A new position within the UK Sales team, this has been created due to the introduction of new product lines and the need to further define geographic territories.
The products in the portfolio include;
* Viscometry, rheology and texture analysers,
* Products for petrochemical testing,
* InfraCal for oil in water measurement,
* Flame photometers and chloride analysers
* UV-vis spectrophotometers.
Key Responsibilities include;
* Developing and maintaining profitable sales within the allocated territory for the products detailed above
* Developing new opportunities through visits to current and potential customers
* Demonstrating equipment at customer locations
* Installing equipment and training users on new equipment
* After sales technical customer support including advice on operation of equipment and provision of quotes for spare and consumables
* Keeping abreast of competitors products
* Promoting all products while on customer visits, gathering market information and relaying back to the appropriate product manager
* The role will involve occasional overnight stays
A dynamic, outgoing and organised person, with a good sales background and laboratory experience is essential. If you are currently working in a Lab and are looking to move into a sales position, this will also be considered!
* Science degree (BSc) or related discipline
* Technical knowledge of apparatus used in general laboratories
* Live in the south east or midlands of England as this is where the majority of the successful candidate's time will be spent. Please note that no relocation package is offered with this role
* Fully computer literate with Microsoft Office
* Full UK driving license
* Use of some of the listed techniques in a laboratory environment
* Field sales experience of chemistry-related lab equipment
* Track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
* Experience of the capital equipment and/or instrument sales process
* Salary based on experience
* Generous bonus based on agreed sales target
* Contribution to personal pension above the legal minimum
* Health insurance for employee (and family if desired)
* Death in service and long term sickness insurance
* Five weeks holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown
* Travel allowance
* All reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed weekly
* Laptop & mobile phone
* Full product training will be given