Technical Sales Representative - Life Science/Microbiology - German Speaker
A top performing NASDAQ listed business employing over 1600 people globally is now looking to expand its sales team. The company manufacture and supply diagnostic testing kits and services within food, drink and animal safety industries. Their innovative approach means they have gained a strong reputation for providing the best products and services.
The successful Technical Sales Representative will be working on their German market - ideally based from their European headquarters near Glasgow, Scotland, you will assume responsibility for management and business growth of food safety products. Would consider someone based in Germany for the right candidate.
* Devise and implement business plan in order to develop and generate sales throughout the territory
* Manage and grow sales of microbiology products spanning Spoilage/Indicator Microorganisms and Pathogens across platforms including molecular, optical, Immuno based as well as DCM and RTU media.
* Communicate with existing customers on a consistent basis in order to grow active accounts
* Make prospecting calls and visits to inform potential customers of the company's offerings
* Develop strong understanding of the products and services supplied. Ability to run and demonstrate all test kits in front of potential customers.
* Act as first point of contact in efforts to solve technical customer issues, liaising with technical teams where necessary
* Develop marketing plans and strategies in order to penetrate new markets and increase growth and profitability of the territory
* Attend and analyse industry trade shows to promote products and services
* Prepare, develop and maintain a database of customers and potential clients
Skills / Experience / Qualifications required:
* Life Science/ microbiology/ food safety graduate
* Fluent in German and English
* Previous experience in technical sales preferable
* Have a working understanding of the sales ordering/recording processes
* Hold a current clean driving license & flexible to travel
* Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills
* Highly motivated, driven individual
* Excellent organisation skills
* Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge with customers and at conference and trade shows.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organisation. Company benefits include: service linked holidays, contributory pension scheme, complementary life insurance, share purchase scheme and competitive salary.