The business is growing, our client is investing in a new management structure and the company are now looking for a Technical Services Manager to join them; someone who is able to provide a high level of technical service to customers, specifiers, architects and engineers in the UK and who can provide technical support to their offices around the world on UK manufactured products.
This is an exciting time to join the company, they are looking to expand globally, there is lots of growth potential both through new product development and through acquisitions - things are moving very fast.
The role is predominantly office based but there may be a need for a day a week visiting clients etc.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
Technical Services Manager (Construction & Manufacturing)
Your New Role
- Manage a small Technical Department to provide a high level of technical service to Customers, Specifiers, Architects, Engineers, in the UK and provide technical support to offices around the world on UK manufactured products.
- Knowledge of building physics with emphasis on thermal, moisture control and acoustics. Undertaking condensation risk analysis, overall U value calculations, acoustic predictions for varying build-ups using be-spoke software programmes.
- Structural knowledge relating to composite panels, rainscreen facades and their attachment. Calculation of wind-loads, to establish span capabilities of cladding and rainscreen systems and associated fastener requirements to BS EN 1991-1-4:2005.
- Calculation of snow loading/drifting on roofs to BS 6399 Part 3:1988.
- Experience in composite panel and rainscreen design.
- Produce both standard and project specific 2d interface details in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of European standards for cladding.
- Calculations to establish gutter sizing and number of outlets/downpipes required to BS EN 12056-3.
- Knowledge of fire testing and approval relating to Loss Prevention Certification Board, Factory Mutual, and UK/ European fire test methods.
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations with a focus on Part B, Part L, section 2 and section 6.
- Knowledge of weather test methods, including CWCT.
- Produce standard and project specific NBS format specifications and specification support to internal sales/specification Managers and direct to Specifiers/Architects.
- Have the ability to break down a problem and generate a solution.
Previous Knowledge You will have for this role
- European standards for cladding
- Specifiers, Architects, Engineers within Construction Projects
- Monday to Friday role (with flexibility for travel)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Team based based on business performance
- Guarenteed career development and succession planning
Please click on the link below. Can you please ensure all of your personal contact details have been updated on the CV that you send through.
Thank yu in advance and we very much look orwa to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisionl Manager