Our client is a very well-known construction specialist within the Manufacturer sector. Proud of their reputation of being a global leader within its sector they strive to make this continue, by continuously improving and developing their products to be the product of tomorrow. The role of Technical Service Manager is manage and support the Technical team, providing high levels of technical service and construction knowledge to the Customers, Specifiers, Architects, Engineers. You will be assisting and advising on projects and using your product knowledge where needed. This is an exciting time to our client, they are looking to expand globally, there is lots of growth potential both through new product development and through acquisitions - things are moving very fast. This is the opportunity for you to be part of this journey with a company that is continuously looking to grow and develop, they have a great company ethos and are keen to maintain this by listening and developing their own employees.
If this sounds like the next exciting career opportunity, details of your new role are below.
Your new role as Technical Service Manager will involve:
- Managing a Technical team, providing high levels of technical service and construction knowledge to Customers, Architects, Specifiers and Engineers.
- Produce standard and project specific NBS format specifications and specification support to internal sales/specification Managers and direct to Specifiers/Architects
- You will need to have extensive knowledge of the client's product range and previous knowledge of building physics with emphasis on thermal, moisture control and acoustics. You will be undertaking condensation risk analysis, overall U value calculations, acoustic predictions for varying build-ups using be-spoke software programmes.
- You will be required to produce both standard and project specific 2d details in AutoCAD
- You will need to have knowledge of Building Regulations, fire testing, weather test methods, as well as be able to produce product calculations.
To be successful in your new role you will have:
- Extensive Construction industry knowledge on builds from specifications through to finished.
- Have a great understanding of Building regulations, fire testing and weather testing methods
- Excellent numeracy skills and able to produce and understand measurements and calculations.
- Ability to manage a team, motivate and introduce business efficient processes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of 2D AutoCad, Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- A passion for brand recognition and products
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Bonus Scheme
- Full Onsite Facilities
- Career progression and development