Technical Support Officer - Pharmaceutical
Location: Keighley, Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
- Assist in providing technical support to all departments, and to assist in dealing with queries and problems arising from within the business or external sources.
- Assist new product introductions to the business (or significant changes to existing products)
- Assist in the updating of existing product costings
- Assist and liaise with the Quality Department in the event of any technical query regarding Periodic Product Quality Reviews of all products.
- Work in accordance with company Security, Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Assisting in the generation and review of technical documentation, including SOPs, batch manufacturing records, specifications, validation protocols and reports etc,
- Establish self as key client relationship contact, including tasks such as making periodic "health check" calls
- Providing timely technical input to internal and external third parties to resolve supply issues, as well as reviewing and approving technical documentation in support of existing and new products
- Lead in the identification and resolution of service level issues, as well as the proactive development of contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Assist in the development of start-up plans including but not limited to project monitoring and communication plan including tracking of milestones and timelines, risk management and action logs.
- Lead problem solving and resolution efforts in a timely, customer focused manner.
- Assist in the technical review at project initiation and provide input into project proposals as well as support discussions around budget implications and changes.
- Ideally qualified to Degree / HND or HNC level, or equivalent, in a science based subject
- Experience in a technical project management role (Production/ Technical Support at a manufacturing / packaging and possibly Quality) within the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive production experience gained in pharmaceutical industry or manufacturing environment involving technical/process or analytical activities
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Production or support, with a proven experience in Technical Transfer of Pharmaceutical products and production
- Knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, process development and validation, analytical techniques and analytical method validation
- Technical knowledge of either solids, semi-solids, liquid and or sterile dosage forms
- A good understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements