Temporary Works Coordinator
We are looking for a Temporary Works Coordinator to work on Nuclear Decommissioning projects. The role would suit a contractor who is able to work from home and travel to site as and when required.
* Preparation of an adequate design brief.
* Completion and maintenance of a temporary works register.
* Production of a temporary works design (including a design risk assessment and a designer's method statement where appropriate).
* Independent checking of the temporary works design.
* Issue of a design/design check certificate, if appropriate.
* Pre-erection inspection of the temporary works materials and components.
* Control and supervision of the erection, safe use, maintenance and dismantling of the temporary works - ie, procedures to:
* Check that the temporary works have been erected in accordance with the design, and issue a formal "permit to load" where necessary.
* Confirm when the permanent works have attained adequate strength to allow dismantling of the temporary works, and issue a formal "permit to dismantle" where necessary.
* Have experience of the relevant types of temporary works.
* Have completed formal TWC training.
* Hold a Degree / HND in civil/ structural engineering.
* Be a Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer