Role: Test Manager - Electronic Manufacturing
Russell Taylor Group has an exciting opportunity for a Test Manager who specialises in Electronic Manufacturing and Testing industry. The main purpose of the role is to issue and control the work load of the Test Department, including A.T.E., ensuring that test engineering standards are met and set time scales are achieved.
- Ensure that first line checks of faulty test rigs, fixes minor problems and ensures that bench test equipment is functional, safe and of a correct specification to meet the production test accurately.
- Liaise with production engineering department on major problems and support Test Engineers in diagnosing difficult faults.
- Lead the fault-finding of complex digital, analogue, RF boards and recommend new test equipment needed to meet production requirements.
- Visit customer sites if necessary to witness production testing and ensure that the full customer requirements are understood and documented.
- Discuss test issues with potential and existing customers.
- In conjunction with the quality department, ensure that QA procedures are followed, test results are produced and filed as required and that test equipment is correctly calibrated.
- Review forward loadings with the Planning Manager, Manufacturing Director and RMA Co-ordinator and schedule test engineering resources to meet the workload.
- Authorise proposed holidays, ensuring that the department has sufficient cover and negotiate changes to dates if necessary.
- Ensure that test times are recorded and total test times on works orders are calculated. Also record any non-direct activities.
- Monitor the RMA system to ensure returns from customers are recorded and repairs loaded into the overall work schedule. Ensure that returns are dealt with in a reasonable period of time and labour and material costs are recorded. Pass cost information onto Sales Department so invoices can be raised for non-warranty work.
- Work to ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 quality requirements.
- Follow and uphold the Company's environmental policy, procedures and instructions in order to minimize environmental impacts from its activities.
- In addition the jobholder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
- Degree or HND Qualified.
- Analogue, digital and RF development experience.
- LabView and JTAG programming and development.
- Experience of programming and operating A.T.E. systems.
- Minimum 10 years experience in testing and fault diagnosis.
- Experience of providing technical support to Production & Test Departments.
- Possess a broad technical background