Russell Taylor are proud to offer this fantastic opportunity for Toolmakers looking for a new role that can offer them Job Security, fantastic company ethos and an opportunity for personal development. This role has come through company growth. This is the ideal role for you if you are a self-motivated Toolmaker looking to join a globally recognised company, be part of a fantastic Tool room team and be involved with all aspects of corrective and preventative press tool maintenance.
This a great opportunity to work for a globally recognised company that can offer you career progression and development. Our client has are continuously looking to improve and grow there skilled staff and are proud to have a great company ethos.
- City and Guilds toolmaker qualification and previous post apprenticeship experience in a high volume Automotive Press tooling environment.
- Experience of working on presses of at least 300 tons or more.
- Ability to weld (Tig or Arc)
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation, initiative and drive.
- Able to work in a team orientated environment.
- Experience in try out.
- Understanding of quality procedures and first off and last off verifications.
- Completing scheduled press tool maintenance generated from Tapestry Data Base.
- Taking ownership of tooling corrective repairs to ensure successful completion through to first and last off from subsequent production runs.
- Verifying panel quality using master samples after completion of corrective repairs and preventative maintenance to press tools.
- Supporting production in obtaining dimensionally correct product.
- Improving tooling efficiency to enable an increase in run rates.
- Obtaining sample and try-out panels to ensure tooling corrections are completed "right first time".
- Inputting end of run reports and corrective action reports into Tapestry data base.
- Ensure Shift and job handovers are clear and concise in order to minimise disruption.
- Completion of Time sheets.
- Training colleagues as required in basic preventative maintenance.
- 5% Employee Pension Contribution
- Use of all onsite facilities
- 3 X life Assurance
- 25 days Holiday + stat
Monday - Thursday 10pm till 6am
Friday 4pm - 9pm
- £29,730 Basic + 30% Shift Allowance for Nights
- Overtime rates also available and paid up to double time