My client are an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy who specialise in architecture, town planning and urbanism. They are looking to recruit an Associate experienced and enthusiastic Associate Chartered Town Planner to join our leading multidisciplinary consultancy in a permanent, full time role based in Wakefield. Our Planning team is one of the largest independent and longest established in the region and is greatly respected nationwide.
The consultancy pride themselves on the quality, creativity, pragmatism and integrity of our planning advice and building long standing relationships with their clients.
Applicants will ideally:-
- Have a minimum of 8 years' experience as a planning practitioner, preferably within the private sector.
- Be MRTPI and hold a bachelor / master’s qualification to a high classification in a planning related discipline.
- Be able to work as part of a team and also to lead project teams, as required.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of the planning system, with a strong focus on development management which includes appeals dealt with through a Public Inquiry and/or experience of working on EIA projects.
- Be commercially aware and have strong business development skills.
- Have varied project experience, preferably of residential, mixed-use or logistics projects.
- Be experienced in liaising with clients, local authorities and stakeholders.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
Interested? To discuss this vacancy and other positions within the architectural sector, please do not hesitate to contact Hannah Huxley via the contact details below.