Trainee Quantity surveyor
Warrington/ North West
Negotiable + Company Package
My client are a well-established house building contractor and an excellent opportunity has arisen for a trainee and a quantity surveyor to join their team in the Warrington area.
As a Trainee Quantity surveyor your main responsibility will be to assist the Quantity Surveying team to provide effective cost, by Management and cost control on projects, and to administer these in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation. You will also acquire knowledge and skills in order to develop capability to become an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Skills + Experience:
- Use systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Learn to value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure cost effective project delivery
- Learn to provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
- Assist commercial management of projects to ensure they are completed within budget
- Basic understanding of quantity surveying in the house building industry
- Good analytical skills and the ability to apply common sense in all situations
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Assist in provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecasts
- Carrying out of tender analysis, sub-contractor procurement including management and payment of sub-contractor accounts
- Customer and delivery focused
- Full driving licence essential
The role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. It is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment
If this sounds like the development opportunity you are looking for, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560.