They are now looking to appoint a Training and Development Advisor who can lead the full training and development life cycle to enhance their employee competency pool. The Training and Development Advisor will be responsible for identifying training needs of current employees and new recruits in both specific subject training and leadership and behavioural skills. This will cover developing the education plan of employees in apprenticeship schemes and graduate programs as well as identifying training needs to keep up with current market trends and new releases. The Training and Development Advisor will also lead our STEM projects with the local community and ensure the talent and succession plans are accurate and current.
- Conduct individual and team skills gap analyses by working closely with the individual businesses to identify the needs.
- Identify or develop training courses for all levels (Apprentice, Graduate and Engineers)
- Build annual training programs and prepare roll-out plans
- Coordinate product-related training, including presentations of new features and simulation activities in a demo environment
- Gather training requirements from full staff Performance Development Review's (PDR's) to identify company training needs
- Control the training budget and
- Develop a wide variety of development opportunities consisting of various delivery methods.
- Measure the effectiveness of training and development interventions.
- Support recruitment and attraction
- Proven work experience as a Training and Development Advisor in a technical and leadership environment.
- Considerable experience in developing Training and Development interventions for all grades and disciplines of employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Talent management and succession planning experience
- Extensive working knowledge of apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships.
- Worked in an electrical or electronics industry
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Good computer and database skills
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Degree in Education, Training, HR or related field