Russell Taylor are proud to be recruiting exclusively for a very successful family run transport and distribution business based in Blackburn.
We are looking for an experienced ADR experienced Transport Planner to work a day shift role, routing and planning for the day to day operation of the plant. Experience working with Microlise is advantageous for this role and holding a CPC is also advantageous but not essential. This business is undergoing an exponential time of growth and restructure to now take the business to new levels.
To be a part of this team you must be a dynamic and hybrid individual with a solid all round knowledge of the transport and distribution industry. Having that added knowledge of the logistical movements of dangerous goods will give you that edge against the rest of the competition, so ensure that your most recent CV is up to date with all your training and experience from your current role and previous positions.
Your new role will be:
- Planning customer loads, assigning suitable vehicles and trailers as required.
- Liaising with customers, Drivers and other depots to ensure all targets and deliveries are met.
- Ensuring compliance with road transport legislation.
- Dealing with operational problems promptly and efficiently.
- Ensuring all administrative tasks are complete to the correct standard.
Previous experience you will need to be successful:
- Experience routing and planning for ADR Vehicles (Advantageous not essential)
- Compliance for ADR vehicles (Advantageous not essential)
- Administration for a Hazardous materials site. (Advantageous not essential)
Benefits of working for this business:
- Salary of up to £35,000 per year
- Monday to Friday working days
- Hours between 8am - 5:30pm
- Nurturing working environment
This business has a very high retention rate which is a proving factor that the people who work for this company love the business and what they stand for. If you would like to be considered for this role, interviews are taking place next week. Please send an up to date version of your CV with all the correct contact details on and I will be in touch as soon as possible.