Russell Taylor are proud to be recruiting exclusively for a very successful, Family run Distribution and Logistics business based in the heart of Blackburn. They are looking for a confident, knowledgeable and experienced Transport Planner with experience using a Microlise System.
About the Transport Planner Opportunity:
The Transport Planner will work within the Transport Office planning logistics and movements of all vehicles. You will manage driver's workloads and routes within current Working Time Directive legislation, and ensure that all legislation and documentation is up to date and accurate. You will support the overall planning operation with general transport and administration duties on a daily basis and have to track and support drivers.
What do you need to become the successful Transport Planner?
- Strong Transport planning knowledge.
- Experience working in a Customer Service and Operations based role.
- PC literate and experience using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with cross-functional team working.
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to liaise with colleagues and customers in a professional manner.