Transport Planning Manager (Manufacturing)
£36,000 - £40,000 plus Bonus
We are currently EXCLUSIVELY recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join our client and become their new Transport Planning Manager... joining a very busy Transport team in Flintshire. The role will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all loading and transportation activities for the Holywell site. As our successful candidate you will oversee the daily activity of the loading team which includes shift supervisors, transport loaders, end of line loaders and Transport admin personnel.
Your Team and Operation will be:
* Managing 4 supervisors on 4 on 4 off shift pattern, with the supervisors managing a team of 20 loaders
* Admin Team consisting of 3 planner and 1 admin
* Domestic volume up to 500 loads per week
* Export volume up to 250 loads per week
* 250 trailers on site plus shunting team to coordinate off-line loading for 4 panel lines
* Work alongside and oversee POFM admin & ground staff team of 20 on site to manage 3PL
Your Key responsibilities will be:
* Efficient, cost effective and timely planning of loads to meet customer requirements
* Attendance at daily operations meeting to report on Transport activity and drive/manage meeting outputs
* Work alongside the UK & IRE Transport Manager to implement control measures, ensuring any discrepancies and customer issues are highlighted and resolved
* Liaise with third party logistic provider (POFM) to ensure service needs are met
* Absence & Performance management of direct reports - conduct return to work interviews and monitor team performance. Escalate any cases of poor attendance/performance.
* Review and update departmental SOP's
* Produce weekly & monthly KPI reports
* Yard stock management: ensure yard is well organised and controlled to minimise product damage and support accurate distribution of product to the customer
* Assist with transport load planning for UK/Western Europe where required
* Handling of general transport queries and support the transport department as required
* Investigate any product damage and late delivery issues to identify root cause
* Provide general support to the maintenance of safety, environmental and quality systems and standards on site in preparations for site audits by external bodies
Our successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* A degree or higher education qualification in Transport/Logistics is desirable
* Previous experience of working in a Transport Administrator/Coordinator/Planning role
* Excellent interpersonal skills - engaging and have a positive 'can do attitude'
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel) and a good working knowledge of SAP
* Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to work under pressure/meet demanding deadlines
* Self-motivated and able to use own initiative to solve problems
* Previous experience of leading a team would be advantageous
* Monday to Thursday 8.15am - 5.00pm / Friday 4.00pm finish
* £36,000 - £40,000 salary
* Divisional Bonus
* 24 days plus all bank holidays
* Competitive pension contributions
Please click on the link to apply.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager