We are proud to represent a business based in Warrington Currently with an opportunity to become apart of their very successful team as a Transport Supervisor.
Your new role as the Transport Supervisor will be the first person to engage with the driver team from a performance management perspective. They will have their own team of drivers and will be expected to understand the teams' performance and engage with their peers to arrange training or corrective action.. The supervisor is expected to assist the Team Manager above and support the Coordinator. Whilst the Team manager is absent, either temporarily or permanently (e.g. sickness or Holidays) the Supervisor is expected to step up whilst being supported by the Logistics Support Manager, Planning Manager and Office Manager.
Competency Key Performance Indicators
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external customers; delivers on promises; acts with customers in mind; maintains effective customer relationships.
- Has the functional/technical knowledge and skills to perform the role at a high level.
- Uses logic and proven methodology to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers
- Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even difficult situations.
- Can be counted on to achieve or exceed KPIs/objectives; consistently a top performer; steadfastly pushes self and others.
- · Timely completion of data required for Operational KPIs
- · Assist with disciplinary procedures in line with company policy and site agreement.
- · Record personal and vehicular accidents fully, including documentation, communication and escalation as appropriate.
- · Responsibility to maintain health and safety standards to company policy and procedures.
- · Responsibilities to ensure all site procedures are followed appropriately
- · Maintain a full working knowledge of all operations and tasks from intake of orders to dispatch of product.
- · Deliver team briefs feedback appropriate business information.
- · Ensure Tachograph system, are up to date at all times, and deal with tachograph infringements.
- · Manage the daily workload of the traffic desk, allocate correct levels of resource within productivity targets. Divert driver and equipment resource to ensure completion of plan and deliver service levels.
- · Take receipt of holiday, T &A queries and Overtime requests
- · Supervise the Transport office with your fellow coordinator during the hours not covered by the Logistics Support Manager.
- · Discuss and agree working practices, process and procedures with management and operatives to drive continuous improvements in cost and service.
- · Ensure all information and communications required on a department and inter-department level, are executed in a professional, timely and proactive manner, and that all escalation procedures are followed.
- · Deal with vehicle breakdowns in the absence of fleet representation and liaise with fleet generally to minimize costs.
- · Ensure any changes to the operational plan are recorded, communicated and explained.
We are looking to interview for this position right away, so If you are already in a transport supervisory roll and want a new challenge. Apply directly below.