UK Sales Manager - Chemicals (Research Chemicals / Reagents)
Salary - £50k basic plus Car, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension
About Our Client
Our Client is a Global Chemical business and they are rapidly expanding their market-share in the UK, their products are used worldwide across a diverse range of applications which make a positive impact on both people's lives and well-being. The development strategy is already in place for this role and the vision is for this position to make the step up to Sales Director in the next two years. This, is great opportunity to join a historic business and make a contribution of your own.
- Managing/leading the UK sales team
- New customer/contact acquisition through various activities, such as events and cold-calling
- Ensure sufficient new business sales activity throughout the region
- Channel development throughout various activities, such as framework agreements, hosted catalogue arrangement and customer stage development through various activities
- Plan and implement a UK sales strategy, PDCA and reporting
- Quarterly attendance in European sales meetings with Europe.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Chemistry (Ideally Synthetic or Organic chemistry)
- Previous sales experience in sales within the chemical industry
- Previous experience in team management
- Proactive and creative and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with consultative sales experience
- Ability to demonstrate key management skills
- A sales driven mentality and someone who thrives on closing business.