We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse & Logistics Manager to join an award-winning business near Ayr.
Our client specialises in the manufacture and supply of diagnostic testing kits and services within the food and drinks industry and through our innovative products and services they have gained an enviable reputation for excellence, globally. Covering the EMEA territories, their entire Corporation is a top performing NASDAQ listed business in the States boasting over 1,600 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Division Manager, you will assume responsibility for the shipping/distribution and stores department where you will be responsible for 8 members of warehouse & dispatch personnel, all of whom work very closely with raw materials and dangerous goods (to FIFO warehouse principals) to feed production as well a 'good inwards' for good from USA to be dispatched direct.
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
- Supervise and provide direction to the Senior Shipping Assistant & Shipping Assistants. Delegate tasks to them, provide support and encourage an environment of continual improvement.
- Assume responsibility for receiving & sending of dangerous goods completing all relevant documentation depending on end location and local compliances
- Keeping FIFO as you warehouse principals ensuring ease of location for production
- Take responsibility for receiving and booking in all items against purchase orders and liaise with materials department in the event of query. Transfer in-house products and ensure internal requisitions are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure rotational stock checks are carried out and when appropriate, full stock takes.
- Liaise with other departments within the business to provide adequate information regarding any Goods In matters.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are documented and in place for key tasks within the department.
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety within the department to ensure a safe working environment. Monitor on an on-going basis and report any issues to the Quality Assurance / Health & Safety Manager.
- Identify areas within the department that are not working efficiently, suggest possible solutions and where appropriate, ensure the changes are implemented.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organisation. Company benefits include: service linked holidays, contributory pension scheme, complementary life insurance, share purchase scheme and competitive salary.
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your information is up to date including contact information. I am looking to Interview for this role ASAP.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager