Russell Taylor is proud to be recruiting for a globally recognised, market leading Packaging Manufacturer on an EXCLUSIVE basis.
Are you an enthusiastic hands on Warehouse & Logistics Manager who is looking for a new challenge? A challenge that will give you complete management of a 28,000 SqFt Warehouse, a yard that is 27,000 SqFt and directly responsible for 7 key members of staff?
We are looking for a professional proactive leader who ensures the business is represented in an appropriate manner both internally and externally.
We want a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to continuously improve the way they work. Contributes positively towards own, others and business objectives. Able to change direction quickly, meet deadlines etc. and maintain a stable performance whilst under pressure and / or opposition.
Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary.
If this all sounds like you, then this could be your next career move!!
Your New Role as Warehouse Manager
- The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction to the warehouse and stock control team
- You will have a hands on position which incorporates general operating duties whilst leading, coaching and developing a team.
- You responsibilities will include the day to day management of all activities associated with the safety, receipt, supply, dispatch, control, security and integrity of stock. Whilst optimising the business performance by ensuring Key Performance Indicators are tracked and improvements identified across a 24/7 production operation
- The successful candidate will ensure all direct reports are managed, supported and developed to deliver business goals, in line with company policies and procedures; 4 FLT Drivers, 2 Transport Planner and a Warehouse Administrator
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day management of all activities related to the safety, receipt, supply, dispatch, control, space utilisation, security and integrity of stock.
- Responsible for the stock management process ensuring physical stock levels and physical location align with the ERP. Investigate all stock variances and implement actions to prevent reoccurrence. Own and lead all stock takes in the warehouse and yard
- Manage carrier relationships and performance, load scheduling and delivery to customers.
- Management, maintenance and implementation of procedures related to all activities designed to ensure business goals are met in line with company policies and procedures.
- Reduce operating costs through working with other departments to ensure the management of working capital levels
- Ensure efficiency targets are met and staff levels managed in line with budget
- Drive performance ensuring Key Performance Indicators are monitored and improvements identified.
- Proactively plan and engage with other departments to ensure a collaborative approach and effective resolution of issues impacting the stock management process and warehouse function.
Key Competencies You will have
- You'll be educated to degree/equivalent level, preferably in a supply chain discipline and have experience in a Warehouse Manager role within a manufacturing / FMCG company.
- You'll have experience in leadership and management of a busy warehouse and yard environment.
- Ability to manage good and poor staff performance.
- Experience in warehouse management procedures, warehouse software and database.
- Knowledge and experience of inventory control
- Proven track record in achieving targets
- Knowledge and use of Mechanical Handling Equipment including Counterbalance and Pedestrian Operated Electric Trucks.
- Ideally hold current counterbalance FLT License.
- Ability to use relevant equipment required to meet day to day operations including the management of stock transactions, reporting and communicating.
- Must be conversant with ERP stock management procedures (Ideally SAP, MS Navision or Sage).
Contractual Benefits and Salary Details
- Monday to Friday 8am-5pm (The warehouse core hours are 24/7 to support Production)
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days, plus 8 statutory days
- Pension - Auto enrolment, matched at 3%, increases April 2019 to 4%.
- On site facilities - Fully Subsidised Canteen
- Discounted Gym and Leisure Centre membership
Please submit a full CV and Cover letter (should you wish) by clicking on the Link.
We are looking to interview for this ASAP.
I very much look forward to receiving your application and to speaking to you.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager