Warehouse Supervisor (Chemical Packaging - FIFO)
£30,000 - £35,000k DOE
Due to rapid expansion and the impending implementation of a new ERP system our client, Deeside based, is looking for a new Warehouse Supervisor to join the team. To be successful in this role it would be ideal if you have a background in either FMCG, Pharmaceuticals or Chemicals manufacturing.
Your new role as our Warehouse Supervisor will be to initially forge strong relationships with the management team and align with the Production Team as well as meeting with your Team of Warehouse personnel.
This is genuinely an exciting time to join our client as they take on new business and look to further expand throughout 2021.
Responsibilities in Your New Role -
* Liaise with Stock Controller, Production Supervisor, Line Leaders & Engineering to ensure that materials are available to facilitate the production schedule.
* Be able to discuss warehousing issues with customers or auditors during factory visits.
* To offload incoming goods, inspect the receipt for transit damage, check the delivery against the supplied paperwork & pass the documentation to the Stock Controller.
* If inadequate or no delivery note is received with incoming goods; to create a written record of the receipt & pass this to the Stock Controller.
* To locate all materials in the warehouse & maintain an accurate location record.
* To pick materials from the warehouse in a timely manner to meet the production schedule.
* To collate component returns from production orders & re-locate within the warehouse.
* To record all issues & returns on the appropriate pick list, calculate net usage & return to the Stock Controller for reconciliation.
* To ensure that all materials kept in the warehouse are suitably protected to prevent spoilage.
* To strictly maintain a "FIFO" protocol for all materials.
* To receive filled stock from the production department & hold in readiness for despatch.
* To ensure that where appropriate, only goods with micro quarantine release are despatched.
* To inspect all collection vehicles to ensure they are in a suitable condition to transport the goods without damage (water tight; sound load deck etc).
* Attend production planning meetings with a view to anticipating any warehousing issues.
* Oversee the collection of accurate data & ensure it is communicated to the Stock Controller.
* Planning of warehouse staff holidays and provision of overtime cover to ensure that there is adequate warehouse support for planned production activity.
* Identify any disciplinary problems that need to be addressed, report to the MD and undertake necessary action where required.
* All Health and Safety, Ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety rules & procedures
* Ensure that all machinery / equipment is maintained and used in a safe manner at all times
* Ensure housekeeping is of a sufficient standard to meet safety & external audit requirements.
* Ensure any accidents are investigated promptly and consequent corrective actions are implemented as soon as possible.
* Ensure that all PPE is supplied and used properly
* Ensure that all warehouse staff are aware of the evacuation procedures.
* Ensure that the disciplinary procedure is followed for individuals who break or flout Health & Safety rules and procedures.
* Organisational ability & GMP
* Ability to prioritise and organise own workload & workload of subordinates.
* Ensure that all subordinates comply with the Company's GMP Standard and wear the appropriate work wear correctly.
* Maintain the workplace is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
Skills and experience you will have for your new role:
* FIFO Disciplinaries
* Experience in implementing and ERP system would be highly advantageous
* Strong organisational ability to optimise use of the labour resource available.
* Ability to work efficiently & accurately under pressure.
* Be able to prioritise & plan tasks to meet the business requirements.
* FLT License
* 5 years supervisory experience
* Mon - Thur 8am - 5.15pm Fri 8am - 1pm
* Salary £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
* Gov Pension
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager