Water Quality Specialist
Part of a global group, they are one of the UK's leading engineering and environment consultancies, specialising in water, energy and environment projects. They develop intelligent solutions to deliver infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies, creating new possibilities for humanity through their innovative approach to delivery.
Due to continued expansion, they are now looking for a Water Quality Specialist from experienced Graduate to Principal level to help support their ongoing flood risk management frameworks with the Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales and Office of Public Works (Ireland) plus water quality and catchment studies for water utilities clients.
Key aspects of the role will include:
* Undertaking geomorphology surveys, including walkovers, fluvial audits and site-specific surveys
* Production of Water Framework Directive Compliance Assessments to support environmental assessments
* Input into Water Industry National Environment Programme (WINEP) water quality management projects, including data analysis and interpretation
* Design and coordination of water monitoring programmes in line with best practice (e.g. groundwater and surface water quality surveys, water level surveys, geomorphology surveys)
* Providing input to designs for river restoration and Natural Flood Risk Management projects
* Advice on implications for the water environment from engineering designs, as well as development of mitigation and enhancement opportunities
* Advising on catchment management planning/schemes/projects.
The role will also involve:
* Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required
* Providing a mentoring role to more junior members of our team
* Providing input to bids and proposals
* have an environmental related degree
* be a member of a relevant institute
* have or working towards chartered status
* have an ability to understand and apply analytical tools and models and manage data
* have an appreciation of water quality modelling
* have excellent written and oral communication
* have experience of Water Framework Compliance Assessments
* hold a full UK driving licence.
Potential for part time/flexible working is available.
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity or contact Steven McCarthy at Russell Taylor Group for more information!