You will be part of the asbestos removal team and will be responsible for overseeing and supervising all aspects of projects related to asbestos removal, abatement, and remediation. You will be responsible for ensuring that all work is conducted in accordance with legal requirements and industry standards, and ensures all necessary permits and licences are obtained.
1.Extensive knowledge of asbestos regulations. Thorough understanding of asbestos regulations to ensure that all necessary regulatory requirements and industry standards are met, including obtaining all the necessary permits and licences.
2.Hazard identification and risk assessment. Recognise asbestos-containing-materials (ACM's), assess the risks associated with them, and implement appropriate measures to ensure the safe handling and disposal of such materials. Ensuring all project documentation and records are complete, accurate and up to date.
3.Management of asbestos abatement projects. Experience in supervising asbestos abatement projects, including working to work plans, coordinating with internal and external teams, and monitoring workers to ensure compliance with current regulations. Provide leadership, training, and support to the asbestos removal team.
4.Training and supervision of workers. Provide training and supervision to employees to ensure they understand the risks associated with asbestos, the regulatory requirements, and the proper handling and disposal of asbestos-containing-materials. Instruct the team on successful abatement procedures. Must be willing to be hands on.
5.Communication and collaboration. Excellent communication skills and be able to collaborate with various stakeholders including workers, contractors, regulators, and other managers, to ensure the safe and effective management of asbestos.
6.Ensuring the project is delivered within budget and on time.
7.Record keeping and documentation. Strong organisational skills and be able to keep accurate records and documentation related to asbestos management, including planning and compiling thorough plan of works. Responsible for ensuring all licences are applied for and adhered to for all projects.
8.Health & Safety awareness. An excellent record and a strong commitment to health & safety and prioritise the wellbeing of employees, the public, and the environment in all activities related to asbestos management.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in asbestos management. Is experienced in all methods of asbestos removal and handing over for analysis.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Acy 1974, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Asbestos (Licensing) Regulations (ASLIC)
- Strong communication and leadership skills. The successful candidate will be required to communicate effectively with personnel, contractors, external project management teams, regulators, and other stake holders on all aspects of asbestos management.
- Attention to detail. Asbestos management requires a high level of attention to detail, to ensure the safety of all involved in asbestos remediation.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Executive regulations and code of practices and the licence application process.