Location: - Milton Keynes
Type: Permanent, Full Time 37 Hours
Additional: Company Pension (3% Employee 5% Company), Life Assurance, Retail Discount Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Paid time off to Volunteer, Various Personal Wellbeing Initiatives, Professional Development.
Russell Taylor Group is working with a Global Testing Company who are looking to appoint a Facilities Engineer who will ensure that facility efficiency, equipment reliability, safety requirements are met in order to deliver a reliable, industry leading service to their clients.
REPORTS TO: Project Support & Facilities Manager
- Analyse, procure, install and maintain electrical and mechanical systems over 2 sites, covering combustions engines, hybrid, transmission and EV powertrain testing.
- Maintain, repair and upgrade general building infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain PPM schedules in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and / or professional judgement.
- Engage with suppliers to support the growth and maintenance of the site.
- Contribute to business and health & safety risk assessments followed by the implementation of any recommendations.
- Supporting engineering teams with an effective resolution of operational problems followed by participation in a root cause assessment.
- Producing technical reports which can be simplified for colleagues and management.
- Contribute to the department KPI as agreed with the Project Support and Facilities manager.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline and / or extensive demonstrated experience
- A strong understanding (with hands on experience) of EV / Powertrain test facilities OR an Electrical /Hydraulic / Refrigeration / HVAC background.
- Industry experience of systems such as battery simulators, invertor drives, motors, fuel systems etc.
- A hands-on individual who can co-operate with colleagues and management.
- Confident communicator with the ability to build rapport with high-profile clients.
- Comfortable adapting and delivering plans which have fast changing requirements with tight timescales.
- Confidence with I.T systems and the ability to pick them up quickly.
What you can gain from this opportunity:
- Work with the latest technology in a brand-new laboratory.
- Working in a variety of complex software environments.
- Progression up the ranks of the company.
- Working with high-profile clients.