Analytical Chemist (GC-MS/FTIR), Fuels
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Benefits: Typical benefits may include but not limited to: Special bonuses for exceptional performance outside the scope of your normal role, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, additional holiday entitlement to reward long service
Russell Taylor Group LTD is excited to announce we have partnered up with a leading testing company who are rapidly expanding and have built a purpose-built Laboratory on the Wirral with new equipment and new facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with extensive GC MS experience to set up the laboratories and work for this amazing company who offer a very competitive package with continued career progression.
This person will be working as a GC MS - FTIR Chemist and play a crucial role in mentoring and offering strategic upto to the analytical team; the purpose of this position is to deliver high quality testing services with analysis focused on fuel samples. The Analytical Chemist with be responsible for analysis utilising GC-MS on a day-to-day basis, ensuring competence to meet business needs and report to, and work with, the overall Head of Inspection Services. There may also be a requirement to assist with other analysis and other instruments as required and within the capabilities of the person selected.
Depending on how soon the candidate can start, there may be scope to assist with the identification, purchasing and installation of new equipment.
- Conducting analysis work on samples from external clients, including the management of joint witnessed analyses as per customer requirements.
- Conduct investigational analyses on fuel and other products within the capabilities and function of the laboratory
- Assist with developing the laboratory towards attaining ISO 17025 accreditation
- Provide input towards the growth and development of the laboratory going forward
- Participate in routine and proficiency monitoring schemes as appropriate to demonstrate ongoing competency of testing
- Maintain and promote good housekeeping standards and levels of safety and ensuring that laboratory staff adhere to policies and standards.
- Continued development of safety procedures and standards in accordance with HSE regulation and in house requirements
- Perform routine & non-routine chemical analysis (GC-MS) of fuel samples in accordance with documented procedures
- Issue Analytical Reports in a timely manner
- Lead technical projects and effectively delegate work to junior scientists
- Participate in internal and external training courses identified as appropriate to your continued development.
- Undertake any reasonable duties within the laboratory that may be required from time to time
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Chemistry based discipline
- Will have extensive GC - MS experience with Method Development, Method Validation and troubleshooting experience too; as these are not currently set up (test methods).
- Ideally will have FTIR experience
- Will have solid - interpersonal skills, we need an extrovert personality for this role as they will often be required to communicate with other key stakeholders, clients and deputise as and when required
- Strong IT, LIMS and Microsoft skills