Applications Engineer - Edinburgh – Audio Solutions
My client is looking for a highly motivated Applications Engineer to join their Engineering team. They focus on supporting Smart CODECS and Audio Solutions for mobile customers. You will play a fundamental part in bringing next generation devices and DSP algorithms to the market as part of my clients growing audio business, ensuring their customers can easily and effectively integrate their devices to their end products.
Salary circa £45,000-£50,000 DOE
- Provide direct engineering support to colleagues and field personnel
- Provide direct engineering support to colleagues internal research and product development teams
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware for customer reference and demonstration
- Execute customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation audio product definition
- Collaborate with SW developers, System engineers and IC Designers to understand and define requirements and customer use cases
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel internationally approximately 4-8 weeks per year
- BEng with relevant experience or MEng and related experience in the Hardware or Semiconductor industry, or with Integrated Systems
- Experience in a customer facing engineering role preferred
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related backgrounds are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S or high speed control/data bus examples.
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB, Embedded Firmware or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analysers, logic analysers, spectrum analysers.
- Experience with analysing and evaluating audio products with hardware tools such as Audio Precision analysers.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent cognitive abilities combined with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to translate complex product concepts into an easy to understand form.
- Demonstrate initiative and deal with constantly evolving priorities and competing demands.
My client is a leading supplier of audio and voice software solutions for a range of applications including mobile communications and automotive entertainment. Established for over 30 years, they excel at developing complex chip design, and value feature integration and innovation highly. With a vast array of patents internationally, they serve a wide variety of customers on a global scale, through both direct and distributor based sales.
Please apply for this role including a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role.