The client is part of a larger group they are an award winning company providing routine analytical Environmental services and bespoke specialist testing throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe. Our staff are employed across a number of strategically placed locations, all utilising the latest technologies. Our laboratories are UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and, where applicable the Environment Agency MCERTS Performance Standard for soils.
Life here is different. They don't tie anyone to a tightly structured career path; instead, they create an environment where you can make your own decisions and take on more responsibility as you prove yourself so you can develop naturally and advance quickly.
They are looking for qualified P401 Analysts to join our expanding team in Newmarket. They are looking to recruit enthusiastic, resourceful, and dependable Asbestos Analysts to start ASAP. Please find some of the tasks and duties as follows you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of samples as identified from work schedules
- Undertake the analysis on a wide range of materials for asbestos including bulk material, soils and waters
- Enter results onto LIMS to assist with the generation of accurate and timely data in line with client expectations and UKAS standards
- Assist with the development of UKAS accredited quantification methods
- Assistance in the maintenance of QC and sample data in an accurate and ordered manner in compliance with the company quality systems.
- Assistance in maintenance programs for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Department. Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
Please note that the working hours for this role are up to 37.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00. They offer competitive salaries dependent on experience and comprehensive benefits package with includes company pension scheme, Life and accident assurance and Perkbox among other benefits.