Architectural Technician (Junior or Assistant)
Salary expectations (Competitive) car allowance and bonus schemes
I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Architectural Technician on behalf of a client who specialise in new build homes. Due to an increase in developments within the North West area they are looking to expand their technical team with an assistant Architectural technician.
As an Architectural Technician you will be required to prepare design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD), lead the design process and coordinate design information. You will be required to meet with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the projects briefs and to contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures. Your work will also include conception and technical design, development and detailing, construction technology
My client is looking for an experienced (Assistant or Junior) Architectural Technician who has a great amount of experience within the new build residential sector and has been a similar role within a Technical Department of a Housebuilder or Architectural Practice. You may work alone or as part of a team, reporting into the Senior Architectural Technician. The majority of the work is office based, although site visits are commonly required. Other time away from the office may involve collecting data and attending meetings.
Key Responsibilities and skills:
- Be able to interpret and draw CAD models
- Technical Coordination of projects
- Deal with site queries
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings.
- Visit sites as part of a team to inspect and discuss construction issues.
- Ensure updated drawings are issued in accordance with department procedures.
- Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
- Maintain good understanding of interior Building Regulations and construction issues.
- Leadership skills
To be considered for the role of an Architectural Technician you will need to have the following:
- Excellent IT skills
- Able to organise own workload
- Experience within a similar role within a design team
- Good written and Communication Skills
- Full driving licence
Knowledge of Building Regulations is vital, in addition to a comprehensive understanding of construction methods and techniques. If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com and if you require any more information please call Lauren Adamson on 0151 737 5560