Our client is a well-established specialist building contractor that provides temporary building and off site building solutions to a number of sectors. We currently have a requirement to be based in our clients head office in West Yorkshire, joining an experienced but dynamic Commercial Team. You will be required to assist with our clients operations, handling Project Values of anything typically between £50,000 up to £4million.
We are ideally looking to attract Candidates who hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or similar, and have some previous experience of working for a Main Contractor thus having a strong understanding of what is required day to day from Assistant QSs, and be able to progress into an intermediate position within minimal time.
The successful candidate should have 1-2 years post graduate experience with a general building contractor or refurb/fit out contractor, hold a Degree, and ideally a HND in relevant area.
Responsibilities will include:
- To attend site and progress meetings as required by the Client,.
- To advise on the construction cost implications of any instruction and other matters as requested by the Client.
- To prepare periodic cost reports in agreed format at specified times
- To prepare, negotiate, and issue final accounts and final statements
- Taking bills of quantities and using up to date computerised estimating software.
- To prepare Contract documents, etc.
- Running own jobs with minimal supervision
This is a Temporary to Permanent position with a 3 month trial period to go permanent thereafter.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity then please contact Aisling on 0151 737 5560, or firstname.lastname@example.org