I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large Civil Engineering contractor based in the West Lancashire area. They are looking to add an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor to the team. On the civils arm of the business they have a portfolio covering Highways, remedial works, deep excavation, major earthworks.
Job Purpose Summary
Providing support to the Commercial Manager on site to ensure that records are taken and maintained, assisting in the procurement of subcontractors and the preparation of Main and Subcontract Valuations and Final Accounts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Attend Tender Handover Meeting and obtain and understand a full brief on the project
- Analysis of Tender Sum and determination of package allowances
- Assist Site Manager/Agent in the compilation of the Subcontractor and Materials Procurement Schedule.
- Assist Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager and Site Manager/Agent with Materials, Plant and Subcontract Procurement
- Assist in compiling Tender Packages and undertaking basic Subcontract Procurement
- Ensure correct Records are kept and maintained on site
- Appreciation of Measurement in line with SMM7
- Have an awareness of Construction Techniques and Preambles
- Walk around site to ensure awareness of on going activities / identify potential problems
- Keep a Work Experience Log
- Assist in the Preparation and submission of Interim Valuations and Final Accounts
- Identify, price and agree Variations in a timeous manner
- Ensure a Change Schedule is in place and up to date
- Assist in the Internal Cost Reporting, Preparation of MCR's and Forecasts
- Produce a monthly cost summary for each site and reconcile against the Company Cost File
- Checking, agreement and certification of basic Subcontractor Interim Valuations and Final Accounts
- Read all correspondence and action appropriately
- File correspondence including setting up systems
- Ensure the Drawing Register is maintained and up to date
- Archiving upon completion of the Contract
- Work as an Integral part of the Site Team
- Provide Commercial Support to the operational Team
- Ensure Site Team understand and fulfill objectives
- Problem Solving
- Have a Proactive approach to safety, work safely and do not endanger others
- Work in line with established QA Procedures
If you have the skills and experience outlined above please apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.