Business Development Executive - Life Sciences & Toxicology
A top performing NASDAQ listed business employing over 1600 people globally is now looking to expand its sales team. The company manufacture and supply diagnostic testing kits and services within food, drink and animal safety industries. Their innovative approach means they have gained a strong reputation for providing the best products and services.
Due to expansion, the business is now looking for a Business Development Executive for their Life Sciences and Toxicology business stream within their Distributors Division. Preferably based at their European headquarters in South West Scotland you will be responsible for the sales against target of kits, equipment and consumables for the Forensic and Drug detection markets as well as for research kits, substrates, reagents, equipment and consumables for the Life Science product range and associated markets within the Europe, Middle East & African markets.
The main features of the role are:
* Responsible for maintaining and driving sales growth throughout the assigned territory via a mixture of direct and distribution channels and network building. This will involve approx 35% of the time travelling
* Assess and review as required current distribution channels and direct sales. Analyse the current market and develop marketing plan in cooperation with the relevant groups. Prioritise as markets and opportunities develop.
* Maintain effective communication with the market through regular field trips, exhibitions, trade associations and distributors.
* Be capable of demonstrating consumables and analysis equipment, including training requirements for customers.
* Responsible for first level of customer support regarding technical issues, complaints and product applications.
* Incorporate marketing data from other parties. Maintain and develop CRM database to encompass key prospects within the territory.
* Feedback market requirements for product development. Monitor competitor activities appropriately and suggest tactics and strategies to adapt.
* Liaise with Marketing Department to assist in development of suitable marketing materials such as mailings, flyers, technical materials and be able to adapt where required to suit EMEA market.
* Assist with general financial management of the territories. This includes assisting with setting budgets, preparing reports as required and assisting administration with payment issues and invoice related matters.
* Actively monitor and maintain gross margins for the product portfolio represented to ensure that margins are sustained above acceptable levels.
* Liaising with customer services, help them receive and process orders. This involves liaising with Purchasing and advising customers of shipping dates, delays etc.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications required:
* Life Science graduate
* Previous experience in technical sales (in Life Science sector) preferable
* Have a working understanding of the sales ordering/recording processes
* Hold a current clean driving licence & flexible to travel within EMEA
* Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills
* Highly motivated, driven individual
* Excellent organisation skills
* Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge with customers and at conference and trade shows.
* Any language skills a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organisation. Company benefits include: service linked holidays, contributory pension scheme, complementary life insurance, share purchase scheme and competitive salary.