My client are a national house building contractor, and due to an increase in workload they are looking to increase their team at their Warrington head office with an experienced Buyer. The Buyer will be working on new build housing so experience in this area is essential. Any added extra care development experience would be advantageous.
- Placement of Subcontract/Material orders in accordance with specification budget and programme constraints
- Liaise with Group Supply Chain and other suppliers promoting best interest of the business
- Production of procurement schedules and buying reports
- Obtaining data regarding sustainability reports and carrying out value engineering exercises
- Any other reasonable buying related tasks as directed by line manager or referred to in the Buying procedures
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge of procurement within the housing/construction sector is essential
- A sound construction, technical and manufactures product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to be assertive.
- The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good eye for details and the confidence to deal with all levels of the Business.
- It is essential to have a high standard of mathematical ability as well as a good commercial acumen.
- A qualification in Construction would be desirable for this role, though not essential.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.