Buyer (Pharmaceutical Manufacturer)
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 17:00 Thursday, Friday8:00am - 13:00
Competitive Salary plus Company Pension, 25 days holiday plus BH (increasing with service), Life assurance, Company bonus, Cycle to work scheme, parking onsite etc.
Our Client, an established well known Pharmaceutical company based in Runcorn, is looking to recruit a Buyer to form part of their Procurement and Supply Chain team. This is a BRAND NEW ROLE and will suit someone who is a recent graduate with 2 years procurement experience preferably within a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be joining a company who are rapidly developing and with growth plans on the horizon they will gain invaluable skills.
Working within this busy department at the heart of Supply Chain you will be working within the current Procurement team managing suppliers and negotiations.
- Strategically source raw materials and components to ensure continuation of supply, maintain or improve quality and provide for innovative opportunities to attain the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Ensure all procurement activities are carried out proactively and efficiently to meet customer specifications and exceed their expectations.
- Proactively deliver customer development opportunities by sourcing new innovative raw materials and components.
- Ensure all raw materials and components are sourced responsibly in line with regulatory, ethical, technical, sustainability and customer requirements.
- Responsible for supplier performance in terms of analysing appropriate metrics, applying corrective action where appropriate and collaborating with suppliers to continuously improve supplier performance and dispute resolution.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A recent graduate with around 2 years' experience in procurement, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Degree qualified in a related subject (supply chain, procurement, logistics or similar)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Good communicator with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Confident negotiator
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Good teamwork skills
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- MCIPS qualified or working towards (desirable)
Apply via cv submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 to discuss further