Casting Team Leader
£22k - £23k
Permanent 36 hours per week - 7am - 4.30pm Monday -Thursday
We are looking for a casting team leader to join our manufacturing client Based in Cheshire.
You will be responsible for all aspects of product delivery and day-to-day management of the department and for driving continuous performance improvement. Fundamental to the role is the casting and hot metal working skill set which the ideal candidate will have experience in.
- Work with casting Production Manager & Technical Sales on costing of new jobs
- Planning of casting jobs including liaising with the casting Production Manager on tooling required
- Managing the daily production requirements including staffing, materials, schedules; inform management of any variations i.e. potential late deliveries
- Supervising employees, maintain discipline, manage timesheets, holidays/absence reporting
- Responsible for the employees' output: quality, efficiency and quality
- Responsible for working within the ISO 9001 quality system and achieving monthly quality targets
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace. Over time develop the department into a model manufacturing facility improving material flow, layout, housekeeping and reducing waste
- Investigate and report all incidents/accidents. Ensuring the Casting Department is fully safety compliant and reduce accidents through continual process confirmation. Ensure compliance with all company rules, health, safety and environmental standards, CLAW regulations and specific duties under them.
- Responsible for headcount, overtime, and consumables budgets including accountability for driving year on year reductions in spend. Suggest any potential cost-saving ideas
- Ensure the Casting Department achieves 95% on time in full (OTIF) delivery performance
- Train new employees and coach existing employees. Ensure that training records are maintained and driven forward.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position
Skills and Competencies
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Self-motivated, helpful and supportive
- Qualification in Engineering Discipline.
- 5 GCSE's grade C above, English & Maths essential
- Fully computer literate - MS office
- Previous supervisory experience
- The ideal candidate will have castings and hot metal working experience, not necessarily 'lead'.
- Weekly paid
- contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers