Certification Manager - Gas
Leicestershire / Loughborough
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Certification Manager to join a state of the art Gas testing Laboratory based in the Leicestershire area.
Your job will be to assess client enquiries and develop appropriate programmes to allow quotations for new certification projects to be prepared. Working closely with clients and the test laboratories you will play a pivotal role being responsible for the effective management and development of a portfolio of Certification Schemes within the Gas Product Certification Stream.
You will also be responsible for:
- Processing of certification applications.
- Reviewing of technical reports.
- Excellent communication with clients.
- Delivery of projects to customer expectations and deadlines.
- Delivery of projects with a high quality technical content.
- Proactively exhibits on behalf of relevant customer events to support business development and marketing initiatives.
- Proactively develops and maintain excellent relationships with current and potential clients.
- May act as account manager for several key clients.
- The Certification Manager delivers UKAS accredited (and unaccredited) certification projects to clients.
- There may be an opportunity for global travel where required to support the business.
- Degree or an equivalent experience in a relevant technical subject, (Gas or Mechanical Engineering is highly desired).
- Expert knowledge of relevant product-related legislation and European Directives.
- Detailed knowledge on a range of International, European or British Standards and/or other relevant documents and procedures is essential.
- Ideally you will have an in depth knowledge of the quality requirements detailed in relative international good-practice documents, (EN 45011 or ISO Guide 65).
- You must be able to communicate technical issues to a wide audience, including clients with limited technical knowledge and clients who do not use English as a first language.
- Customer focussed and solution orientated.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.