As the Skilled CNC Miller you will work on a range of 4 & 5 axis milling machines in the milling sections. You will be responsible for setting machine tools, using programmes from a central database as well as editing programmes in Fanuc or Mazatrol to optimise speed and feed, correct problem areas and update where necessary. You will choose appropriate tooling and work holding, probe and prove out tooling, run through job and obtain first article inspection checks.
- Time served/ Apprenticeship OR Relevant engineering qualification e.g. HNC Mechanical Engineering or CNC setting with a minimum of 5 years working experience as a Miller.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a setter
- Capable of setting a range of machine tools - minimum 4 axis millers
- Good knowledge of materials, particularly 316 stainless, duplex, nitronic, Inconel
- Must be able to edit programme in Fanuc or Mazatrol
- Able to read and understand machine tool programmes - specifically Fanuc or Mazatrol
- Good understanding of tooling grades
- An understanding of speeds and feeds, impact on tool life, cycle time and where to optimise depending on the job in hand
- Can use and interpret inspection hand tools; surface finish tester, shadow graph, height gauge, mics, verniers, thread gauges, bore plug gauges, cmm
- An understanding of macro programming would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.