Our client is currently recruiting CNC turner setter programmer for a permanent position in Leeds. The hourly rate will start at £12phr for the more junior candidates and more experienced senior candidates will expect a higher hourly rate.
We have multiple vacancies for all levels of the trade. Please read the responsibilities and general information below. If you are interested in being put forwards for this job please apply with your CV ASAP
- Generate NC programs using Mazatrol and other programming languages i.e. Siemens and Fanuc.
- Safely setting and operating a range of machine tools and ancillary equipment necessary to carry out the machining skills of CNC machining, turning, tapping, boring and grinding.
- Reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and/or imperial units necessary for the production of work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings.
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation, material to be cut and surface texture requirements.
- Routine care and cleaning of machines and ancillary equipment.
- Recognising machining and material defects, appreciating causes, applying remedies and preventative action.
- All work should be inspected for surface finish, dimensional accuracy and checked for the overall quality of the finished component.
- To work in a safe and productive manner as outlined in the company safety policy. Particular attention to safety should be paid to operating machine tool equipment.
- To maintain a clean and tidy place of work. Particular attention to the storage of chemical and other dangerous substances. Undertaking machine coolant change as and when required.
- Your work place and working area must be kept clean and tidy. Good housekeeping standards are important, thus, any concerns raised will reflect on the individuals concerned.
- Safety footwear is deemed compulsory in this area and must be worn at all times.
- Perform within the requirements of your position and to the companies Health & Safety standards, as defined in the company Health & Safety Policy.
- Operate within the companies Health and Safety Policy and detailed safe working practices. To report any variances immediately to the Production Director or the Health and Safety Manager.
- To carry out any other duties when required. This could involve working in other departments within the factory as and when deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Programming setting and operating Mazak CNC lathes.
- Be conversant with Mazak (Mazatrol) controls.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and tolerances.
- Be able to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace
- Familiar with Aerospace AS9100D requirements in relation to CNC turner's role.
Hours of Work
Monday to Thursday 07:30hrs - 16:30hrs; Friday 07:30hrs - 12:30hrs.