The main responsibilities of the Commissioning Engineer will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Attend commissioning meetings with representatives from their clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage
- Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies
- Provision of emergency call out cover where necessary
- Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction
- Assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications
Candidates will be computer literate and able to work effectively with Microsoft Office as a minimum.
Electrical and Software role, skills in either considered with training provided
The ideal candidate will be working on the following and experience would be advantageous in some if not all:
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Relevant H&S qualifications ( A relevant CSCS card, EUSR Card Blue Water, EUSR SHEA, JIB )
- Mitsubishi (Q series PLC)
- Rockwell (ControlLogix PLC, RS Logix)
- Siemens (S5, S7, Winn CC)
- Wonderware InTouch
- Allen Bradley
This role will be site based for at least 80% of the working week with a company van provided.
The companies aim is to develop its staff to their fullest potential. There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to develop themselves along with taking on more challenging projects.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with benefits ranging from a competitive salary in line with their ability and experience and death in service benefit.