DATA GOVERNANCE MANAGER
Salary £ 40,000 to £ 45,000 per annum (D.O.E.)
UK, Cheshire, Warrington
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a Global Testing, Inspection and Certification business.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Data Governance Manager to join their team and work on an internal project.
The role will lead the end-to-end processes for defining the company's data strategy, master data management, data optimisation and flow controls, as well as removing redundant, repetitive, and mis-aligned approaches.
Whilst strategic this needs someone who at the same time will dive into projects, programmes and get hands-on with systems, changes, and deployments.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn, understand, and document current processes in relation to data flows between existing systems.
- Build gap analysis of data integrity, develop, and put in place controls for data validation.
- Build and maintain a full audit of existing systems and business processes.
- Develop policies and procedures to implement as part of a Governance program across the business unit.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with data management in line with business uses and wider company policies.
- Lead and train teams to ensure governance policies are applied and implemented successfully.
- Use existing knowledge to identify areas of improvement to reduce data redundancy.
- Create and enforce a collection of KPI's and data quality metrics.
- Design reporting dashboards and reports for the management team.
- Involvement in existing and new projects which may involve any bi-directional data flow processes.
- Stakeholder management and work with Project Managers to the delivery of successful data projects.
- Apply the overall standards and guidelines on HSE.
- Part of the digital transformation programme and systems migration projects.
- To always operate following the company's Purpose, Mission, Vision and Values.
- To work following all company's policies procedures and standards at all times.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in Data Sciences, IT or Mathematics.
- Experience in a similar industry at operational level desirable.
- Previous experience in working with projects and stakeholder management.
- Experience with large scale-data migration projects advantageous.
- Significant experience in a similar lead governance or data management role.
- Good understanding of management practices, data lifecycles, data quality and MDM.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter who will take initiative.
- Strong understanding of data structures and databases.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Basic Cloud architecture understanding.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite.
- Power BI Experience essential.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff members.
Your Contractual Benefits
- 33 days annual holiday, consisting of 25 days annual holiday and 8 days public
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant