DESIGN MANAGER - NOTTINGHAM - £50,000 - £60,000 + BENEFITS
With experience across every sector, Our Main Contractor Clients is a leading force in the building industry and has the expertise and production capability to deliver high quality, cost effective buildings that meet the current and future needs of their users.
They operates across multiple sectors, delivering a comprehensive range of innovative Solutions, operating in the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
With an upturn in work our client would like to appoint a Project Design Manager.
- The Project Design Manager is responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project's design deliverables, directing and coordinating external design partners and the internal Project Design and CAD Technician resource allocated to the project.
- The Project Design Manager will be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the Contracts Manager and Project Manager from the construction team, who will be responsible for managing the overall project.
- The Project Design Manager will support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Management Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets.
- Liaise with the Commercial and Construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project.
- Manage allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist in project resource planning across the department.
- Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner to satisfy CDM requirements.
- Line management responsibilities for Project Design Engineers and CAD Technicians as agreed with the Head of Technical.
- Contribute to the development of new product standards
The Project Design Manager should:
- Be qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level, and have professional accreditation with a relevant institution.
- Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software:
- Preferably AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software.
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
- Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload, as well as overseeing individuals' personal development.
For more information and to arrange a meeting, email your cv to email@example.com and call 07557 037 656