Job ROLE: DIMENSIONAL CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
Location - Derby
Russell Taylor has an exciting opportunity for a Dimensional Calibration Technician. You will be responsible for calibration of all aspects of dimensional metrology and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service. Undertake Dimensional calibration inspections, measurements properly to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing EMS and Gage InSite management System.
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment - Micrometers, Callipers
- Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks
- Calibration of Production Gauging - Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Performing calibration, supervised or with minimum supervision, of instrumentation with agreement from the Laboratory Supervisor or Laboratory.
- Calibrating instruments where there are existing procedures in which training has been provided and authorisation given. To understand and utilise calibration procedures and have a basic understanding of the importance and relevance of uncertainty budgets.
- To conform to quality standards as laid down in the company procedures and to generate accurate calibration records and calibration certificates.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories, analogue and digital circuit analysis.
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment