E&I Project Manager
RTG are currently recruiting for an E&I Project Manager to work out of Middlesbrough.
The successful candidate will manage Electrical & Instrumentation construction projects across the Oil & Gas, Power & Infrastructure, and industrial sectors.
* Prepare pre-mobilisation plans and pre-construction requirements including HSE and Quality Plans
* Validation and preparation of commercial budgets and essential reporting structures
* Assess need for input of labour, supervision and equipment during the course of construction.
* Ensure that methods of work are up to date, efficient and in accordance with company and client safety policies and Occupational Health and Safety.
* Ensure that developments on site, which under the terms of the contract document that requires special evaluation and assessment, are correctly identified and appropriate action taken.
* Ensure construction/installation keeps to budget/plan.
* Investigate and account for any deviations from budget man-hours.
* Ensure construction organisation is adequate, that staff at all levels understand their role and responsibilities and that effective delegation takes place.
* Managing project health and safety with support from the HSE Manager.
* Prepare technical and financial proposals with the Proposal Manager.
* Maintain project cost control and reporting.
* Train and mentor junior and intermediate staff.
* Work with field staff to resolve technical and constructability issues.
* Prepare and administrate multiple subcontracts.
* Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports - HSE/Procurement/P.Controls/Commercial/Quality/Engineering/Construction
Qualifications / Requirements :
* 15+ years construction experience with a minimum of 10 years as a Project Manager
* Relevant post-secondary construction/trades related education
* Preference given to those with Project Management certification
* Preference given to those with experience in the O&G, Power Generation and heavy industrial sectors
* Good contractual knowledge
* Strong communication skills
* Strong knowledge of project controls, estimating, scheduling, tendering, planning
* Strong construction safety knowledge
* Leadership skills
* Computer Applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word