Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an EC&I Project Engineer to work on a Fuel Terminal near Portsmouth.
The Terminal is currently undergoing a major capital refurbishment programme and requires an experienced candidate who can act as the Technical Lead for all Electrical Control and Instrumentation Engineering activities associated with the Capital projects.
The successful candidate will oversee professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering activities on various Projects. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders including the EPC Contractor, HSE, EA and others.
- Work with the project management systems, procedures and workflows.
- Act as technical lead providing guidance within the team on Electrical Control & Instrumentation matters for Capital Projects. Referring to the EC&I Technical Authority when needed.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for EC&I tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
- Develop EC&I scopes of work.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for work.
- Liaise with other members of the Asset Technical Team on standards & codes.
- Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc.
- Working knowledge of COMAH, MOC, and CDM regulations.
- Previous experience of managing multiple site works.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager.
* Ensure activities are in accordance with the companies accounting procedures.
* This includes the proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses.
* Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
* Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.