Russell Taylor are looking to recruit an EC&I Technician to work on an Oil Fuel Terminal near Plymouth.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all reactive & preventative maintenance across a variety of critical equipment including LV electrical distribution systems, motors, drives, switch gear, fire alarms, control systems and instrumentation in respect to EC & I Engineering activities within the Terminal. Ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time and in compliance with UK / European legislation.
* Provide Electrical, Control &Instrumentation Maintenance activities and technical support for day to day operations across the Terminal.
* Previous experience of DCS Systems, communication data highways, variable speed drives, instrumentation - pressure, flow, temperature, density, level, control valves etc
* Troubleshoot assigned Electrical control and Instrumentation problems, resolving and documenting any issues.
* Complete routine and quality inspections of Instrumented systems across the Terminal ensuring compliance to the relevant standards.
* Understanding of current legislation and statutory requirements, including DSEAR, EAWR & HASAWA, BSEN61508/11, IEC13849 and BS 62061 and work to ensure full compliance.
* Complete all assigned tasks, safely, to the required quality and timeframes (Including investigation/troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and equipment installation) in accordance with HASAWA requirements.
* Carry out planned maintenance activities and defect rectification efficiently.
* Prepare the work area for more complex maintenance of depot, systems or components.
* Ability to read or produce engineering drawings, P & IDs and trip schedules
* Utilise diagnostic techniques to identify faults in depot systems, components to enable repair.
* Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of depot, systems and components.
* Conduct safe and effective handover of depot systems and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the control of the depot systems and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
* Willing to undertake Short Notice overtime.
* Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
* Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
* Be responsible for the filling out of Job Request Sheets, Planned Maintenance Cards etc.
* Be familiar with work planning and scheduling
* Specify and order assigned spares/replacement equipment in line with site quality procedures.
* Ability to train and mentor others in maintenance or operations including apprentices.
The job will require the post holder to be qualified in a relevant Engineering Craft / Technician discipline and completed a Modern Day Craft Apprenticeship , or be assessed as competent with relevant experience.