ELISA - Protein Scientist
Our Client, a leading multi - sited Life Sciences company are looking to recruit and experienced Protein Scientist.
- Clone, express, purify and characterise proteins for protein characterisation work, binding studies and stability testing using a range of different expression platforms (bacterial, Pichia or mammalian cells)
- Clone, express, purify and characterise proteins to be used in phage screens and ELISA/cell based assays from a range of expression platforms and fully characterise them using a range of methods (e.g. HPLC, SDS-PAGE, IEF and SPR).
- Maintain and establish cell lines required for protein production
- Carry out optimisation studies to increase production from microbial hosts
- Develop bench scale protein purification protocols using conventional chromatography resins to purify gram quantities of proteins
- Carry out HPLC based assays to characterise protein batches produced in-house (e.g. size exclusion, reverse phase chromatography etc.)
- Carry out accelerated stability studies on in house proteins and characterise changes that may occur
- Establish formulation studies for increasing stability of the proteins produced
- Produce high quality and tool molecules for pre-clinical studies, delivering within timelines at the correct specification
- Carry out R&D projects to improve the platform for therapeutic development such as improving the biophysical properties of the scaffold
- Will have a A BSc/MSc in protein biochemistry, protein engineering or molecular biology, any laboratory experience would be an advantage.
- Standard DNA manipulation/cloning techniques and protein engineering including working with a range of protein expression platforms (bacterial, Pichia and mammalian)
- Practical knowledge of the AKTA purification platform, Unicorn software and using conventional chromatography resins e.g. ion exchange
- Developing HPLC based assays for protein characterisation
- Excellent knowledge of a range of methodologies to characterise proteins (e.g. SPR, ELISA, Western blot)
- A good understanding of protein engineering and protein biophysics to investigate structure/functional relationships would be an advantage.