We are currently recruiting a hands on maintenance manager please note this position is more a senior Engineer role with a Managing aspect to it. With salary of £35,000 plus. Negotiations pending on experience and skill set are welcome.
This will be very much a "hands" on pro-active role, responsible for all aspects of mechanical and electrical fault diagnostics, repair and maintenance of production machinery across the factory and to lead the maintenance team to ensure that the production machines are operating at the optimum running speeds.
Duties will include but are not limited to: Maintaining the appropriate systems for planned and emergency maintenance work and to keep accurate records. Reacting to machine breakdowns and liaising with the production team and attending the daily production meetings to advise of any updates/resolutions to machine breakdowns. Carry out PPM checks. Preparation, planning and implementing weekly workloads for the department personnel ensuring that work schedules are met. To reduce the frequency of breakdowns where possible.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role with a recognised qualification in either General Engineering or Mechanical Maintenance Engineering, be time-served Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with basic electrical experience. Experience required includes working with both CNC and manual machines as well as PLC fault finding. In addition, the ability to identify potential issues and advise on corrective course of measures.
A focused team player with a strong character with the aim of further improving the department, creative and the ability to convey their own ideas to the department.
The hours of work will be 07:30hrs - 16:30hrs Monday to Thursday 07:30hrs - 12:30hrs Friday with a small amount of overtime readily available.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To be responsible for all aspects of mechanical, electrical and PLC fault diagnostics, repair and maintenance of production machinery across the factory and to lead the maintenance team to ensure that the production machines are operating at the optimum running speeds.
- To be hands-on and carry out all Planned Preventative Maintenance in accordance with the PPM schedule.
- Devise, implement and maintain appropriate systems for planned and emergency maintenance work and keep accurate records.
- Prepare, plan and implement weekly workloads for the department personnel to ensure that work schedules are met in line with agreed works. Maintain accurate records of all works carried out.
- Reduce frequency of breakdowns where possible.
- Identify competent and reliable outside Contractors to increase the performance of the Maintenance Department (if required).
- Control, assess and motivate both employed and contracted personnel involved in work carried out by the Maintenance Department.
- Carry out regular reviews of service contractors with external suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Ensure compliance with all current relevant legislation i.e. LOLER, PUWER etc.
- Action specific work as detailed on maintenance request forms.
- Forward planning and scheduling of maintenance work required and submission of budget proposals for consideration and approval where appropriate.
- Review team performance regularly to identify areas for improvement, and encourage progress of individual team members through performance review, and developing and delivering agreed personal development plans.
- To adopt a coaching approach to foster skills development within and across teams.
- Follow and apply the principles of 5S, ensuring the team adheres to these.
- Support the development of the teams working across the factory striving for continuous improvement.
- To be an advocate of AS9100 within the Maintenance Department and across the factory.
- To work with the Quality Department to promote AS9100 principles and to support the implementation of any improvement measured required as a consequence of such audits
- To proactively manage performance of the Maintenance Department - and to discipline were appropriate (both informal and formally), in accordance with disciplinary procedure
- To handle first level grievances with the Maintenance Department, in accordance with the grievance procedure
- Any other reasonable requests that are appropriate to your experience and qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Maintenance experience with a qualification in either General Engineering / Mechanical and/or Electrical Maintenance Engineering (HNC/NVQ Level 3 or 4)
- Demonstrable record of delivering to quality standards
- Able to communicate/influence across all levels of the organisation, across all departments
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding of quality process and procedures
- Supervisory and/or Management Experience
- Experience of engineering and manufacturing environment is preferable.
- Understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- To act as the technical/subject matter expert for their area and to take the lead to resolve technical queries.
- Driven - Driven to deliver the best, personally and for the business. Motivated by responsibility, and energetic self-starter who is results orientated and deadline driven. A high degree of self-belief and a desire to progress.
- Leader - Natural leader, capable of providing clear direction for the team members and motivated to constantly drive safety, quality and production targets and efficiencies to a high standard. Promotes autonomy within the team, has a flexible pragmatic approach, encourages a culture of managing upwards.
- Effective communicator - able to engage effectively at all levels, with a flexible communication style to suit the audience. Able to vary approach to motivate, persuade, query and challenge.
- Coach - will to share knowledge, skills and experience with their team to promote skill development
- Problem-solver - will exhaust all options (analytical and innovative) until a satisfactory solution is found.
- Decisive - confident in making difficult decisions, balancing the information available with personal judgement and taking into account the wider business ramifications and commercial context.