The Russell Taylor Group are looking for a dynamic Engineering Manager, to join a client of ours within the FMCG/Plastics manufacturing sector.
The Engineering Manager's responsibilities include the daily management and coordination of plant maintenance activities to support the manufacturing operations. This includes preventative, predictive and breakdown maintenance requirements. The role will have direct involvement for executing the site CAPEX plan and be expected to manage business development projects. All activities including direct reports and contractors must comply with all labour, safety, environmental policies and UK regulations. The maintenance function operates and supports a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This position plays an integral part in plant operations, special projects and has responsibility for developing and achieving budgetary and production targets
- Provide strong leadership in all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Promote and enforce safe behavior's and respond to poor performance.
- Lead Maintenance team personnel in day to day activities to ensure safe and efficient maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Manage resources to rectify machine breakdowns using the most cost effective solutions resulting in minimal downtime.
- Manage maintenance and repairs of all plant, ancillary equipment and assets with the support of Piranha (local EMS system).
- Maintain resource plan to provide appropriate cover including weekends.
- Prioritize maintenance operations and CAPEX program.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training resource requirements of engineering team to develop skills and knowledge.
- Develop and submit annual cost centre budgets for AOP.
- Influence all aspects of site management to ensure quality of service and products meet required levels of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare management reports as required.LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Health & Safety: You have a duty to take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work. You must co-operate with employers and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements. Adherence to the safety policies, procedures and site rules must be followed including participation into the safety program. All incidents and near misses must be reported.
- Food Safety: Carry out your responsibilities/duties so as to ensure food safety, legality and quality.
- Environment: All employees and contractors must adhere to all defined local environmental laws, regulations and permit requirements. All environmental standards, procedures and work instructions must be complied with at all times. All employees have a duty to report any environmental violations or near misses issues that could impact the local environment, its inhabitants and The Company.
Educational and professional:
- HND/HNC or higher in Engineering
- IOSH OR NEBOSH Qualified
- Management/leadership training ie ILM (prev NEBS)
- CMMS training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teambuilding, oral and written communication skills with the confidence to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Good financial, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude and able to manage change and drive new policies/procedures in line with The Company values.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a managerial role within a FMCG environment preferably within the Plastics industry.
- Proven track record of achievement within a management role.
- Experience in budget setting and control essential.
- Exposure to project management and negotiating with suppliers a necessity.