Salary: £35,000 plus benefits
Our Client, who are experts in Integrated Manufacturing Solutions, are seeking to appoint an Estimator for their team in Oxfordshire.
In the role of Estimator, you will be working alongside a highly motivated and skilled team, with opportunities to develop and progress your own career within a well-structured, organised and professional company.
The Estimator will have demonstrable experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing type background.
- Apprentice trained engineer or similar discipline
- Strong background in mechanical engineering,
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering information
- Good communicator at all levels both verbal and written with persuasive negotiating skills
- Good level of IT literacy
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience as an account manager in an engineering company would be advantageous
- Experience in a sub-contract machining company would be advantageous.
- To estimate, quote accurately within a timely manner.
- Liaise with customers technically as required and take ownership of contracts and manage to completion.
- Complete contract review obligations to the highest standard; aim at "right first time
- Produce optimum method & profitable estimates from drawings or digitally provided data, capture all relevant information and provide clear narratives where required, within the allocated timeframe
- Project manage new business, generate project plan and necessary documentation
- Create clear and concise quotes and submits quotes for review prior to submission
- Complete & conduct quick load as a priority for a new orders, make sure all information including materials and specifications is captured prior to performing
- Complete & conduct contract review - adopt a critical approach
- Negotiate raw materials and purchase as required, liaise with suppliers and obtain new suppliers for outwork processes
- Provide technical support, methods, tooling and project management
- Monitor contract profitability and review with production/supply chain where appropriate in terms of price increases. Improve profitability by process improvement / cost reduction wherever possible
- To be proactive in continuous improvement ideas on product Quality and Delivery and reduce Cost
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk