We are currently recruiting a Fabricator Team leader in a well-established company for a permanent position in the Manchester area to plan, supervise and control the activities of the works labour and resources allocated to the factory. Who will be delivering works to clients in the Nuclear, industrial and commercial sectors.
For you to be successful at this job you will need to have City and guilds in fabrication, have had 3 years’ experience in this field, be well organised and have good logical skills. You will need to have basic to good computer skills, be a good communicator both verbal and written and have past experience with man management. Desirable but not essential qualifications are health and safety NVQ level 2 in team leading / NEBBS and mathematical qualifications.
The responsibilities that will be expected of you are:
- Ensure that the company’s Health and Safety policies are adhered to
- Ensure that the quality of the product produced, meets and exceeds the standards acceptable to the company and its customers.
- Ensure that agreed program delivery dates are met
- Ensure that the work output of the factory is completed in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Utilise the labour and machinery allocated to the factory to the company’s best advantage
- Actively identify opportunities to improve efficiency and utilisation through improved methods/processes.
- Ensure effective root cause, corrective and preventative action of identified problems
- Conduct regular communications and briefings with team
- Understand individual and team strength and weaknesses, support supervision in identifying People and team development needs
- Carry out work place audits to ensure housekeeping standards are maintained
- Carry out work place audits to ensure all shadow boards are populated, weld kits and other work aids are maintained and available
- Any other reasonable duties
- Be proactive
If you are interested in this opportunity to work and make an impression with a well-established company please apply with your cv to Brendon.email@example.com