Russell Taylor are actively looking for several Service Engineers to work for a System Integrator in Staffordshire that has more than 30 years of experience in the design, installation and commissioning of industrial gas sampling, measurement and delivery systems within the Oil & Gas industry.
This role will predominantly be field based with intermittent opportunities to work overseas. Travel to client sites may require early starts, late finishes and regular overnight stays but there will plenty of time at head office in Staffordshire where you will receive training.
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance activities on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Head of Manufacturing & Commissioning.
- Comply with the organisation's QA and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- Attend all required company and department meetings.
- Attend training courses relevant to the position.
- Support the creation and delivery of training activities for colleagues and clients.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
- To be provide support to the 24/7 service helpline by being On-Call on a rota basis
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of servicing equipment on client sites.
- 2 years' experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management
- HNC / HND in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate including use of MS Office programmes.
- Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
- Full driving licence (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).