Food Microbiology Analyst and Microbiology Technician
Location: Watford / Hertfordshire area
Salary: Depending on Experience
Additional: 30 days holiday inclusive of BH, free parking, up to 5% pension contribution, death in service scheme, monthly gym discount etc
Hours: 40 per week, somewhere in between the hours of 7.00 - 22.00 (Monday - Sunday)- rotating
Our Client, a rapidly expanding international testing company is looking to recruit for Microbiology Analysts and Micro Technicians; this is a brand new site and the opportunities here will be fantastic alongside the facility too!
- To provide efficient and timely analysis in the path laboratory.
- To perform, when required, the preparation and analysis of food, water and swab samples as instructed by the Microbiology Laboratory Manager or a senior member of the Microbiology Laboratory staff.
- To maintain and improve the quality of the laboratory.
- To perform efficient and timely analysis in the plate reading and path lab areas of the Microbiology Laboratory.
- To perform quality checks for routine analysis and for the approval of laboratory results.
- To be familiar with all aspects of the Quality Manual and to comply at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents, which are referred to within the manual in order to comply with the UKAS/ISO Accreditation Standard.
- To ensure that all equipment and instrumentation is in good working order and that all relevant certification and records are kept up-to-date.
- To prepare samples for laboratory testing.
- To perform analysis of microbiology samples.
- To prepare microbiological media for the testing of laboratory samples, and to provide to the Logistics Department for client sampling.
- To ensure the general maintenance of the Laboratory and common areas of the building, including cleaning and maintaining the Microbiology Laboratory.
- To support the department in administrative duties, such as sample registration and sample disposal.
- To ensure that all work areas are kept clean and tidy and laboratory consumables are maintained at the designated stock levels.
- To ensure own training records are kept up-to-date.
- To obtain details of any desired training course, and to speak to a Supervisor. Only training courses relevant to the role will be considered.
- If asked to carry out a training session with a junior member of staff, to ensure that training is carried-out under the direction of the Quality Manual, and an approved trainer in the Microbiology Department.
- As there are a range of roles available here we are looking for anything from A Level Science Graduates to Biology Graduates as a minimum.
- We are also looking for experienced QC / Microbiology Analysts too