Head of Operations
£65K-£75K+Company car +package (DOE)
My client is a global specialists sub-contractor specialising in roofing, cladding and PV Solar panels. Due to continued growth and expansion, they are opening a brand-new energy division within the midlands.
With this new office opening they require a Head of Operations to run the division. This Head of operations will be a dynamic and focused individual. The main focus of the role is to develop client and contractor relationships whilst managing contractual risk on commercial roof and solar projects.
The successful head of operations with have a proven background within roofing and cladding markets. With an end aim is to successfully deliver multiple solar PV renewable projects throughout the UK, Ireland and to support the wider Group.
This is an exciting position for an operations director delivering schemes ranging from 1million through to around 10milllion. My client operate with some large scale blue chip clients on a national scale, including Amazon, Jaguar Land rover, Tesco, Lidl.
The Head of operations will have the drive and ambition to build this new exciting energy division to the next level.
Skill set required
- Experience in similar operational management
- To be able to communicate effectively at different levels i.e. with architects, building owners, cladders,
- company directors etc and to act in a professional and experienced manner.
- Ideally the person should have some experience of our industry having worked either in contracting business, preferably roofing and cladding or with a main contractor/subcontractor who has worked with our products.
- The person should have good negotiating skills and be able to act under pressure and be able to defuse difficult situations on site with owners and contractors.
- Creating multi-portfolio, multi-customer programmes for operational delivery of the projects across UK and Ireland.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience
- Degree in Building, Civil or Electrical Engineering required.
- 3-5 Years experience in a similar Operational role in the solar or roofing and cladding industry.
- Very good understanding of CDM2015.
- Strong understanding of construction contracts and risk management.
- SMSTS, IOSH and/or NEBOSH qualification.
- High standard of understanding of Solar PV and roofing products.
In return my client are offering a competitive salary package with the opportunity to develop and progress in a busy specialists global contractor.
To apply please email your CV to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 07585 967544.